Overtime the health of the teeth deteriorates. This can be due to a variety of reasons including wear and tear. Problems with function, structure and/or appearance will arise over time. An unhealthy smile that isn’t as bright as it used to be can be fixed. At Painfree dentistry we offer mouth reconstruction.
What is Mouth Reconstruction?
A full mouth reconstruction involves rebuilding the teeth in the lower and upper jaws. There is a team of dentists behind a restoration treatment. The team can include general dentists and restorative dentists who will perform treatments like bridges and crowns. Specialist dentists can also be involved and these will include: oral surgeons, orthodontists, endodontists and periodontists. Periodontists are specialist in gums, endodontists are specialists in the pulp of teeth and orthodontists are specializes in tooth position and movement.
Depending on the dental needs of a patient will depend on what treatments and dentists will be used. You may need multiple procedures for your reconstruction in both the lower and upper jaws. For a full mouth reconstruction, a few treatments may be needed, common ones include: crowns, dental implants, bridges, fillings and more. Patients who suffer with anxiety can have a reconstruction under sedation. So, if you have bad oral health due to fears and worries about the dentist, don’t let it stop you. A reconstruction can be completed in one or more visits. You will get the smile you have always wanted with cosmetic and restorative dentistry.
Why Would You Need Reconstruction?
There are multiple reasons why you could need a full mouth reconstruction and common issues are:
- Multiple tooth loss due to an injury or decay
- Fractured teeth
- Worn teeth that have been damaged by tooth grinding or acid erosion
- Issues with bite, jaw or muscles
Before a reconstruction can begin you will have to be examined. This evaluation will find the issues that need fixing and allow the dentists to put together a treatment plan specific to you. Your dentist will be looking at your:
- Teeth – The general condition of teeth will be looked at. This will include crowded teeth, wear and tear and tooth decay.
- Gums – Your dentist will be look for gum disease and loose teeth.
- Jaw and Bite – Issues with the jaw and bite can cause a variety of issues. Your dentist will look for this as it can be very bad for your health.
- Appearance – The dentist can see what cosmetic procedures need to be done to give you a beautiful smile that brings out your facial features.
Reconstruction or Smile Makeover?
These two may sound the same but they have a major difference. A mouth reconstruction is more than just cosmetic dentistry, it will include fixing some minor to severe issues. Reconstructions are necessary to have full functionality and the best health. A smile makeover is a treatment solution to cosmetic issues. This is to get a straighter and brighter smile.
Benefits of a Full Mouth Reconstruction?
A full mouth reconstruction can improve the function and appearance of your mouth. With a treatment plan, you will be able to do all the normal things such as eating without discomfort and pain. Not only that but you will be able to laugh, smile and talk with confidence. All this treatment has a cost but the cost is an investment into your health and wellbeing. Your dentist will discuss cost and payment plans with you.
Choose a reconstruction with Painfree Dentistry if you:
- Want healthy teeth and gums
- A smile you are proud of
- The best high-quality care
- Efficient and successful treatments
- A unique and beautiful smile that was created for you
Contact our team today to hear more about our reconstruction treatment. We can answer any questions, book a consultation and more.