Sedation Dentistry in Parramatta
At Painfree Dentistry, we want our clients to receive the best dental care.
We make this happen by using the latest dental treatments, having a high-quality dental practice, and ensuring our patients are comfortable. Dental care does not have to be stressful and painful.
It is essential that our clients receive the best treatment; we do not want our patients to feel the dread associated with the dentist.
Our dental team cares and understands that patients may have dental anxiety. Therefore, we offer various ways to keep dental check-ups and treatments as pain-free and stress-free as possible.
- Intravenous sedation—Sedation is a great way to help anxious patients. This involves an anaesthetist coming into the treatment room to distribute the sedation medication. After the injection, you will feel a wave of relaxation, and you may not be fully aware of what is happening. We find this to be a safe and successful way to reduce pain and stress.
- Injex—Injex is a device that uses air pressure. There are no injections at all, making it a great choice for patients with anxiety about needles. The use of Injex will not impact the cost of treatment as there are no extra charges for this method of pain relief.
- Aesthetic gel—Gel can be used to numb the area before the injection to keep you relaxed.
- Distraction—We work hard to ensure our patients are happy and comfortable by using techniques like hand pressure to distract your body and mind away from the injection process.
- Penthrox—This is another type of fast-acting sedation that carries an extra cost of $150 since the inhaler is single-use.
Anxious or Fearful Patients
Feelings of fear and anxiety about the dentist are common. You do not have to live with feelings of dread about the dentist. At Painfree Dentistry, we understand how distressing the dentist can be. That is why we offer guidance and anxiety solutions to our patients.
We care about our patient’s well-being and want everyone to have a positive experience.
Do I Have Dental Anxiety?
Some treatments or procedures sound unpleasant, which can naturally give patients anxiety. Often, anxiety can lead to a great amount of stress and dread.
Here is a small test that can give you an idea as to whether you’re just a little nervous or if you have dental anxiety that needs to be addressed:
- Do you feel tension and panic the day/evening before your dentist appointment?
- Do you feel anxious while waiting in the reception before the appointment?
- Do dental instruments make you feel nervous?
- Do dental injections make you feel ill and anxious?
- Do you feel that your mouth is the worst your dentist has seen?
- Do you feel panicky or like you can’t breathe at the dentist?
- Have you had bad dental experiences previously?
If you have answered yes to one or more of these, it would be beneficial to talk to your dentist about your anxiety.
What Can I Do to Ease Dental Anxiety?
You do not have to dread the dentist; dental anxiety can be overcome. Here are a few tips to help you combat anxious and fearful feelings.
Learn relaxation techniques—A quick and easy way to feel more comfortable at the dentist is to learn relaxation techniques. Breathing exercises can help you overcome feelings of distress.
Choose the right dentist—Being with a dentist you are comfortable with allows you to talk about any concerns or fearful feelings you have. A compassionate dentist can ease your worries and make you feel safe and secure throughout treatment.
Ask questions—If you know your procedure, it can make you realise many treatments are not as bad as they seem.
Be aware of pain control—There are plenty of horror stories about the dentist. However, modern treatment offers a wide variety of pain control. Dentistry can be painless and stress-free.
Distract yourself—You can distract yourself from the dental environment by listening to music to distract you.
What Can We Do to Help Anxious Patients?
All our team are friendly, compassionate and professional. We will listen to all of your concerns and recommend the best care. You can receive tips on how to relax and be offered anxiety solutions.
You can talk to us about your feelings you have nothing to be embarrassed or worried about. We are here to help.
Call Painfree Dentistry to learn more about sedation dentistry and calming techniques.