Invisalign in Parramatta
Many people have crooked or overcrowded teeth but are hesitant to wear noticeable and unsightly metal braces.
Metal braces carry an adolescent stigma that can discourage professional adults from straightening their smiles. However, we have an easy solution for straighter teeth that is nearly invisible and far more comfortable than traditional methods.
Are You Interested in Invisalign in Parramatta?
Invisalign is one of the most well established invisible braces systems for straightening teeth discretely.
A more recent system of clear aligners is the UK based company Clear Step, which essentially works similarly. They are referred to as “invisible braces” since instead of traditional wire braces, a series of see-through clear aligners are worn to gently position your teeth to the position you want.
What Are the Advantages of Invisible Braces?
- Treatment is very discreet
- Clear aligners are fabricated precisely for each patient and are changed out every two weeks
- Treatment is comfortable and gentle
- Aligners are not abrasive and do not react with gum tissue
- You can eat normally and brush and floss teeth easily
- Food does not get trapped or stuck behind wires and bands, which is good because food build-up can turn into plaque and affect your oral health, sometimes leading to gum disease and bad breath
- Teeth gradually shift over time
- Progress is checked at regular intervals
- Treatment varies from six months to a year
What Conditions Can Invisible Braces Be Used to Treat?
Overly crowded teeth
Teeth are too close together can mean there is not enough room for them to sit in a straight line. Invisalign can open up the space between your teeth so that they can sit next to each other.
Widely spaced teeth
Space between your teeth may mean unwanted gaps between your teeth. Although this can quickly be resolved with veneers, Invisalign braces can gradually push your teeth together, eliminating the gaps.
Upper teeth may stick out further than your lower teeth so that they do not meet in the middle when you bite.
Lower teeth that stick out further than your upper teeth can use clear aligners to move your lower teeth back or your upper teeth forward.
Aligners can straighten a bite that looks twisted.
Can Invisalign Be Used for All Treatments?
Not all cases of misaligned and crooked teeth can be treated with Invisalign. Your dentist or orthodontist will be able to advise you on the best course of treatment.
Severe cases may require traditional wire braces. Patients who want a more discreet solution can use lingual braces, which are fixed to their teeth's back surfaces.
In our practice, we will:
- Assess your teeth and bite and take a set of impressions of your teeth
- Create an accurate 3-D digital model of your teeth using a CT scan (Computerised Tomography or CAT scan)
- Use special patented software to create a simulation of the movement of your teeth from their original position to the final aligned position
- Assess the simulation and make any necessary adjustments before fabricating
Invisalign uses advanced stereolithography (SLA) technology to build precise moulds of your teeth during treatment. Clear aligners are fabricated and couriered to your dentist. During your next visit, you will receive your new aligners, switching to new aligners every couple of weeks as your teeth gradually move. It is very important to wear aligners for at least 20 hours a day, removing them only to eat and clean your teeth. Regular visits to us allow us to check your progress.
Invisalign Express works the same as traditional Invisalign treatment but is reserved for milder misalignment cases. Using fewer sets of clear aligners, treatment with Invisalign Express typically takes about six months, on average. The focus will be to correct minor overcrowding or spacing issues and for cosmetic orthodontics.
The severity of your overcrowding or misalignment will determine if you require Invisalign or Invisalign Express. Dr Elie Alam, your Paramatta orthodontist specialist, will help you decide on the treatment that will give your smile the best results!
How Much Does Invisalign Cost?
The cost of treatment will vary depending on your case's severity, how many sets of aligners are needed and where you have it done. Treatment cost will vary anywhere between $3500 and $7000 depending on the case; a consultation with our dental practice will give you the opportunity to discuss prices.
Get In Touch
Every smile is unique and different, and so is their orthodontic treatment. The best way to determine if Invisalign is a good option for you is by scheduling a booking with Painfree Dentistry.