During your regular appointments with Painfree Dentistry, Dr Alam will check for signs of tooth decay. If we find any, we can restore weakened teeth using fillings.
Before the filling is placed, we administer local anaesthesia to numb the area for patient comfort. Dr Alam then gently removes any infected or decayed tissue before sterilising the tooth and placing the filling.
Get a healthy and beautiful smile by choosing natural-colour fillings.
Silver fillings have been used for centuries, but dentists have now moved forward to give patients better quality and natural-looking fillings. If you need a filling or you are thinking about replacing your old silver ones contact Painfree Dentistry.
We can offer:
- High-quality fillings that look natural
- Advice on how to prevent cavities
- A smile transformation you will be proud to show off
- Successful and efficient treatment
Advantages of a Silver Filling
Patients might be worried about the materials used in silver fillings. You shouldn’t be. Silver fillings are made from safe materials and are a great fit for your tooth. So, if you already have these fillings, there is no reason to be concerned.
A silver filling is a great choice for large cavities and cavities in back teeth since they are durable and can work well and handle the force of chewing. It is an effective treatment for children and people who have difficulty staying still for the procedure since silver fillings can be placed quickly and efficiently.
Disadvantages of a Silver Filling
Even though silver fillings are a popular way to fix your cavities, there are a few disadvantages that should be considered:
- Silver fillings require a lot of teeth to be drilled as the filling has no adhesion. This might result in the loss of a healthy tooth.
- Tooth fracturing may be more likely as the silver fillings must be wedged into place.
- Silver fillings can tarnish the tooth over time.
- Silver fillings can hide tooth decay.
Why You Should Consider Tooth-Coloured Fillings
Tooth-coloured fillings are a modern solution for treating cavities. There are benefits to having a tooth-coloured treatment, from appearance to durability. The main positives of having a tooth coloured filling are:
- These filings are natural-looking, so won’t be visible when you laugh, talk and smile.
- Tooth-coloured fillings adhere to your tooth to make it stronger.
- Tooth coloured fillings and any issues are more visible in x-rays.
Both silver and tooth-coloured fillings can be used to treat cavities. You can discuss with your dentist which treatment is best for you. Each patient is unique and has different needs and a different budget.
At Painfree Dentistry, we offer the best treatment and can fix your cavities efficiently and successfully.
Replacing Your Old Fillings
You may already have had your cavity filled with a silver filling.
Just because the filling is already in place does not mean you are stuck with it. Your silver fillings can be replaced with the natural-looking tooth-coloured ones. A silver filling can be very noticeable when you open your mouth wide to laugh or speak; we can replace them for a more natural-looking smile.
Depending on how many fillings you have and where they are placed, your Sydney dentist can determine the treatment method your dentist will use. You can discuss having your fillings replaced successfully with our dental team.