Get a healthy and beautiful smile by choosing natural colour fillings. Silver fillings have been used for centuries, but dentists have now moved forward to give patients better quality and natural-looking fillings. So, if you need a filling or are thinking about replacing your old silver ones, contact Painfree Dentistry.
We can offer:
- High-quality fillings
- Fillings that look natural
- Advice on how to prevent cavities
- A smile transformation you will be proud to show off
- Successful and efficient treatment
Advantages of a Silver Filling
Patients have been worried about the materials used in silver fillings. You shouldn’t be; silver fillings are made from safe materials and are an excellent fix for your tooth. So, if you already have these fillings, there is no reason to be concerned. A silver filling is a great choice for large cavities and cavities in the back teeth as it is durable and can work well under the force of chewing. It is an effective treatment for children and for people who have difficulty staying still for the procedure. This is because a silver filling can be placed quickly, and it dries fast too.
Disadvantages of a Silver Filling
- Even though silver fillings are a popular way to fix your cavities, a few disadvantages should be considered.
- Silver fillings require a lot of teeth to be drilled as the filling has no adhesion. This might result in the loss of a healthy tooth.
- Tooth fracturing may be more likely as the silver fillings must be wedged into place.
- Silver fillings can tarnish the tooth over time.
- Silver fillings can hide tooth decay.
Why You Should Consider Tooth-Coloured Fillings
Tooth-coloured fillings are a newer solution in the treatment of cavities. There are benefits to having a tooth-coloured treatment from appearance to durability. So, these can have a positive effect on your dental health and the way your smile looks. The main positives to having a tooth-coloured filling are:
- These fillings are natural-looking so won’t be visible when you laugh, talk and smile.
- Tooth-coloured fillings have adhesion, making the tooth a little stronger than it would be with a silver filling.
- Dental problems are more visible to dentists in x-rays with a tooth-coloured filling.
- Both silver and tooth-coloured fillings can be used to treat cavities. You can discuss with your dentist which treatment is best for you. Each patient is unique and has different needs and a different budget. At Painfree Dentistry, we offer the best treatment and can fix your cavities efficiently and successfully.
Replacing Your Old Fillings
You may already have had your cavity filled with a silver filling. Just because the filling is already in place does not mean you are stuck with it. Your silver fillings can be replaced with natural-looking tooth-coloured ones. A silver filling can be very noticeable when you laugh, talk and smile to get a more natural-looking smile by replacing them. Depending on how many fillings you have and where they are placed depends on the treatment method your dentist will use. You can discuss having your fillings replaced successfully with our dental team.
Contact us today to discuss natural-looking fillings, silver fillings and replacements for your old ones. Our friendly and professional team are here to help.