“A beautiful smile is a matter of choice, not chance” – Dr Elie Alam
Presenting our state-of-the-art dental technology: All-on-4 tooth implants are a teeth replacement option that has replaced the use of traditional dentures.
They provide patients with a full set of teeth supported by 4 implants in each jaw. All on 4 dental implants are held in place by four titanium screw implants in your jawbone. The dentures can be fitted on the same day as the surgery for teeth removal, look just like normal teeth and are securely positioned such that they cannot be removed.
Who Are They For?
All-on-4 implants are suited for those individuals with:
- Broken, decayed or damaged teeth: These reductions in teeth quality are usually caused by gum disease, accidents, illness and medications
- Missing multiple teeth: if you are missing numerous teeth, this would be a suitable treatment option
- Loose dentures: bone recession can occur after the loss of teeth, which can loosen existing dentures. Other issues with dentures may include difficulties with speech, gum and mouth irritation, and trouble eating
The Implant Procedure
If the patient does not have a reasonable amount of bone for the implant, you may first need to receive bone grafts to strengthen the jaw bone, which would require a separate appointment.
At Painfree Dentistry, we begin the procedure by ensuring our patient is comfortable. Then, we provide local anesthetic (with the option of sedation) and prepare the mouth for implants. Any broken or decayed teeth, disease or infected tissue, are removed.
The dentist will proceed to place four titanium screws in your gum, which typically takes 30-60 minutes depending on the complexity. Dr Elie Alam will usually place two dental implants toward the front and two toward the back to even the distribution of force. Dr Alam finishes by suturing the surgical site before taking patients to recovery to relax and wake up.
Benefits of All-on-4
- Prevents bone loss & degradation: The All-on-4 system minimizes the effect of bone loss since implants are affixed directly to the jawbone, with the pressure exerted on the bone mimicking that of natural teeth
- Greater self-confidence: Patients receiving All-on-4 treatment receive a new set of complete and natural-looking teeth, fitting comfortably and securely. Patients no longer need to be concerned about loose dentures or eating certain foods
- Better hygiene & easier care: Compared to traditional dentures, All-on-4 makes it easier to brush, floss and rinse areas without messy or irritating adhesives
- A permanent solution: The denture is securely fastened to the mouth via implants. This means frequent fitting sessions are not required, and patients rarely experience any gum recession